Tomorrow (20th July) on offer at the Roman Circus Centre is a chance for budding young archaeologists and their families to meet and see in action members of the Colchester branch of the Young Archaeologists Club .
Activities will include:
– washing finds from the Colchester Archaeological Group excavation of a Roman villa at Fordham
– take part in a sand pit archaeological dig
– see a photographic display showing the young archaeologists in action
– work with lego, perhaps making a model of the Roman Circus!
– see a display of two mosaics – one completed, the other in progress.
The meeting will start at 10 am and finish at 12.30 pm. There is some parking available at the centre. If you are driving, you will need to come via Butt Road, turn right by the entrance to the Butt Road public car park and drive for about 300 m to the end of Roman Circus Walk where you will find our car park and the Circus Centre. The event is free .